Downside Abbey

George Dawson george at fTuf65jZ00FnCmdeLeQAA8Yj70PKupJVolu_tTchOFv2r6HT3pLarhFO4VRP3CF63WsusMXYFK7HHIsLnEcVZVyGby8.yahoo.invalid
Tue Apr 11 10:37:18 BST 2006

I have 2 photos of the Downside bell on the tuning machine, & 2 of the
bigger bell, one of which is the 'official' postcard & one of it about to be
hoisted up the tower.
The Downside bell can be distinguished by having two mulley grooves, whereas
the 1901 bell has one with decoration below.

Regards

George

George

I thought you had one of the bell in the foundry? It is shown with what I
assume to be the Beverley headstock, though the later bell is larger. The
headstock at Downside is not the same as that shown on the foundry snap.

I gave Matthew a print some years ago. I might still a spare that i can let
you have.

Neil.