[Bell Historians] Digest Number 1353

Ernie Runciman bells at BDvPSbmtHQdaBAcGA9j5S9iM4hYppPkH3CXDDnH2igRIFlR-2kTzgZk7bFHracVGWxfSBQm1g6wB14GPFA.yahoo.invalid
Wed Apr 12 17:58:26 BST 2006

In message <1144859343.504.13449.m20 at yahoogroups.com>,
bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com writes
>I am tempted to offer an Easter Egg as a prize to someone
>who would give an ACCURATE rendering of the Liverpool inscriptions: i.e. in
>Capital letters (or otherwise as appropriate), with the punctuation (or lack
>of it) as on the bell, in lines (separated by obliques / ) as arranged on
>the bell,  with the position on the bell and any decoration on the bell.

Can I claim the Easter Egg now.

When we ring them down on Saturday to take the muffles off, I may well
chalk up and photograph the inscriptions.

Ernie Runciman
Tower Keeper
Liverpool Cathedral

PS
The web site for Liverpool Cathedral Bell Ringers is at
www.liverpoolbells.com/cathedral