Stavanger

George Dawson george at pYX06Qm0kMvEwbfdxhg6NQMAXVxKquBZcB0qNGKWESVEmhAZDSdcMg42NgC5EarueBWeis_p8xZ0tqJSUnF3R-3qT1qM-WPx.yahoo.invalid
Sun Apr 23 14:55:23 BST 2006

Picture at:

www.norway.com/directories/d_company.asp?id=768

GAD

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Chris Pickford
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 11:49 AM
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Warner foundry closure

For some time I have understood Stavanger to have a late Warner carillon,
but have never managed to obtain definite confirmation or to establish the
date. Geoff Armitage first told me about it many years ago, but I don't
think that he ever managed to get access or obtain further information.  I
did talk to him about it a couple of years ago just to check whether he had
ever found anything.

I'm pretty sure, though, that if these were supplied by Warner then they
weren't cast at Whitechapel - more likely to be a Warner, but 1919-1921 when
they were still casting.  My spreadsheet of "all" known Warner bells
includes some for 1922-5, but all cast by either G&J (1922-3) or M&S
(1924-5) - mostly small

CP