[Bell Historians] Re: St. Peter Port (was surprising Campanophile listing)

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at -YjYW1IP143oBwfxraKfVlgMVIAVK7XbGn_0uvV263xGPMja_hAxwcefZQ7XONXuFG97cU9mtdpVfwm7Ol1S-Q.yahoo.invalid
Mon Aug 7 16:43:40 BST 2006

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Bickerton, Roderic K \(SELEX\)
\(UK\)" <roderic.bickerton at ...> wrote:

> I would like to see these, any chance of scanning them?
> I have no idea how I could get a look at the book.
>

> > There are in fact two plates about St. Peter Port in Sharpe's
Guernsey, Aldeney and Sark.
Plate V1 is of decoration on a bell showing no gear except for a metal
rod and plate X1 showing the wheel, headstock, straps, stay and top of
the bell. Sharpe describes them as a ring of eight bells.
As Sharpe says, what is very interesting is that there was a ring of
eight bells here before 1736.