[Bell Historians] Royal, or other names

Richard Offen richard at J5_L4Vo9gcyMjsbTPQg0_u0MHxC70ivguG8BzPToOiFNOwR1Dgc7NxEqsbRvCi3WNPQlhkqMOwksxw.yahoo.invalid
Sun Aug 20 11:22:12 BST 2006

> It really isn't "doubles because a maximum of two pairs of bells can
> be swapped in
> any one change" but rather that two pairs of bells are changed
> EG Even though the maximun of 3 pairs could be swapped on 6 bells,
the
> following was called "London Doubles" (see page 146 of Stedman's
> Campanalogia)
> 123456
> 213465
> 231456
> 234165
> 243615
> 246351
> 426531
> 425613
> 452163
> 451236
> 415263
> 145236
> 154263
> Every change is a double
>
> mew

Shouldn't we transfer this topic to the ringing theory list (of which
I'm not a member!)?

We still haven't come up with a satisfactory answer to George's
original question!