[Bell Historians] CCC Bells & Clocks Committee

Mark markregan at -eSbRgKHP2dFKMeXLcrPVSc-1QIomZ2D2fDk6JrrH-OWAfqwp9rGeMnQRstutbn3v7R1AD4NnG7pGfCrMw.yahoo.invalid
Wed Aug 30 09:21:15 BST 2006

...and more mysterious still the inconsistent standards and practices by DAC
bell advisors. Some are excellent. Sadly some seem to enjoy preventing bells
being rung, improved, restored, augmented, and interfere with the good works
of ringers, clergy and PCCs. The recent debacle at Tewkesbury is a good
example of this.

I wonder how open the appointment of DAC advisors is? I was appointed as the
Hereford DAC person in an open process which involved ringers, Diocese, DAC
etc. That I think is rare. My successor has carried on a policy of helping
and encouraging as much as he can. He's doing an excellent job.

Are there benchmarks for DAC advisors when their competency to do the job is
considered? Is their performance reviewed? Or is it a sinecure for life?

I think many of the people who'd do these jobs really well are far too busy
doing other things. So we occasionally get what's left in the bottom drawer.

My apologies to the many excellent DAC advisors out there...your good work
is compromised by your less competent colleagues.

Time for an expose in the RW I think!

Mark

Arcubus
31Park Street