[Bell Historians] Proto-NBR and musical scales

Samuel Austin combineharvestersam at qGRak1A2BWislOtv9M59hcYexz-j0t7YAXRiJBkW_4mc4r-nSpkNZAI5moQxHm1qwsmhFQT8fRWLcOJrD1QZ1awmWA0J.yahoo.invalid
Sat Dec 2 12:55:06 GMT 2006

I see Carl's point in some ways, especially when keys
such as G# and A# are used - this COULD be considered
confusing for some, but for rings of bells in the keys
of F# and C#, please could we have our E#s and B#s?

Aye

Sam

--- David Bryant <davidbryant at FnGI0uicWECpoJpHNmDlis_f5jNJK66HaH704fxBSvXllXVXYkSLHH2nvlYs7MyvjzYsVlzDumoCX_W5UTS-N-uFpxQ.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> "Evidently, the convention adopted for recording
> notes of bells is that
> those
> which correspond to the white notes of a piano
> keyboard shall be
> recorded "as is", while those which correspond to
> the black notes
> shall be recorded as the sharp of the next lower
> white note"
>
> What about

http://www.cccbr.org.uk/dove/detail.php?searchString=wells&numPerPage=10&sea

rchAmount=%3D&searchMetric=cwt&sortBy=Place&sortDir=Asc&DoveID=WELLS+CUTH