[Bell Historians] Musical scales, bell register

Love, Dickon dickon.love at 52C1a7AaIBvogTQjTfRO1KWcpAHFbd3FM17FgPz8BhBILcgaw1Inmw9lgl5h8TB0h7nE4-TndtlvId8w29EAg1k.yahoo.invalid
Mon Dec 4 14:01:53 GMT 2006

> Perhaps the register could eventually contain a small sound bite of
the
> bell being struck, so that predominance decay and other analysis could
> be done if a researcher wished.

"There are currently 28,133 bells in the proto-NBR, equating to 58.7% of
the total bells IN RINGS OF 3 OR MORE. On my calculations this would
mean a total of around 48,000 bells needed to be recorded. The cost in
time and money of adding these to the database would vastly outweigh
the limited value that would be gained from it.  Perhaps a selection of
bells that are noteable for being particularly good, or even bad, or a
typical example of a given founder, perhaps, but every bell?  I doubt
it."

Can't speak for the National Bell Register, but the Kent Bell Register has all of this collected for it, and an interface is being developed to allow the user to make sense of the data.

DrL

not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.