[Bell Historians] Redundant bells in Greenock

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at UrsHVr9cdj40goCkJhhmTjJ9xJ0Lrire0vOXgJoRY8a7Fsbs__P8epIRrdMBoqNzuhjQszDUY2sN.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 8 22:59:56 GMT 2006

At 21:55 +0000 06/12/08, aaj buswell supplied:
>... the details of St George, Greenock taken from G&J's Tuning Book
>No 15, p115-6.:

I find it highly interesting that G&J assigned the serial numbers of
the castings in ringing order (top to bottom) even though this was
clearly intended as a chime.  I wonder whether Alan can tell us if
this sort of initial numbering is typical of chimes and carillons
produced by G&J throughout their history (setting aside those older
instances where the final numbering was mixed because of the
diversion or replacement of individual bells).

Carl