English chimes in India

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at hjxE6bdF7sBkmHbC7ptgVSlMIfox1ws50lpxmCJ59Ya-8OTnHWVzh63NIozusHxWj0UZKz_V6Ig5It8Vvg.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 22 17:32:13 GMT 2006

The GCNA Website now has pages for the four English-made chimes (of
at least 8 bells) in India which are known to me.  (See
http://www.gcna.org/data/IXAPcc.html)  For three of them, I was able
to find a fair amount of information, including photographs, but the
fourth remains largely a mystery.  Any additional information which
my fellow bell historians might be able to provide will be welcome!

Carl