[Bell Historians] English chimes in India

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at YZguJwE4RR1vwx9rrJOiwgr-cldqhzEAhhtYaXtgxj8cCE_3qIQkWiuRwWASvAA_3MghuNHRIBoIflg.yahoo.invalid
Wed Dec 27 02:13:52 GMT 2006

Thanks again to David and George for the corrections and additions
which they provided.  The affected pages have now been updated.

The identification of St.George's Cathedral, Madras (now Chennai),
enabled me to find the British Library's online image of an 1849
watercolour of that building, so now I can provide links to pictures
of all four Indian towers.  And that image, plus a bit of luck,
enabled me to locate the building precisely in Google Maps overhead
photography - somewhat surprisingly, it is still surrounded by
spacious grounds.  So three of the four can now be seen thus as well.

CSZ