[Bell Historians] Re: Radial Frames

Richard Offen richard.offen at VNj4p9sNCZvUogVrG6oN0Od5V6OCXD9OyBv8LAj_HKv6stClXODxaQzVhaWSh2NwdQfBho6Y0BCiEWnUYmydT_2brA.yahoo.invalid
Wed Dec 27 12:44:50 GMT 2006

> I never actually saw any plans that had been drawn up,even though
Richard,
> I am an upright citizen- albeit with a slight stoop and noticeable
limp
> :-)   but I was told that they were considering opening up the
radial frame
> to allow for the extra bells.

You must have missed the 2001 Washington Cathedral Ringers AGM,
because plans were on display at that meeting.   But all is not lost
as the drawing can be seen as an introduction to the Whitechapel Bell
Foundry article on radial frames:

http://www.whitechapelbellfoundry.co.uk/radial.htm

One hopes that Rick's dream comes to fruition soon.

Best wishes,

Richard