[Bell Historians] Liverpool cathedral

Richard Offen richard at yEliF80YNIC5gOfxeDVlpzRmUazdGMD1sOX_cZ6IDNmtaVUKJgJffBaricjaFMTvQ8NMJmDdIsE6KA.yahoo.invalid
Tue Feb 14 01:50:55 GMT 2006

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Nick Rossi <nrrossi at ...> wrote:

> I'm going to take a stab at this and guess Calgary, Alberta Canada.
> According to Google Earth the church tower appears to be at 3479 feet
above
> sea level.
>
> nick in Pittsburgh
>
> On 2/11/06, Jonathon Wild <boyracer76 at ...> wrote:
>

> > Incidentally, does anyone have any idea on the highest peal of bells
> > above sea level? Has this ever been recorded?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Jon.

I think Wormhill, Derbyshire always used to be considered the ring
furthest above sea level in the UK, but I seem to remember several
debates on the matter, so, no doubt, someone will correct me if I'm
wrong!

Richard