[Bell Historians] Engravings of Rudhall's foundry

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at 3JKhEbETjD7k3vbXwwWRAv4gwKHV6y6g6RnkWtuvpfpmSg1aEwy440J969zyBWYRqBa-6ZY-2sMt_eAZqOpg-M52S7oKnw.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jul 24 13:03:38 BST 2006

The engravings actually show Rudhall's tuning machine after it had been installed at Whitechapel. So they are Whitechapel (not Rudhall / Gloucester) really, and they were first used in a Whitechapel brochure or catalogue of the 1860s. I think the original drawings were done by W.T. Kimber, the Whitechapel moulder and artist.

I know of no engravings of Rudhall's foundry at Gloucester

All in haste and from memory, so E&OE!

CP