Wisbech

nigelsdtaylor nigeltaylor at FHVBCqm_u1oAPpZhqa-ZkbGXQvdh9_y6UVjYn2B3aop2dA0jzQKgxAopiky_DJcHGUWH1xXkmZTVyGr8GjBUPZhDOqV1rNPGvcUo.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jun 15 20:37:10 BST 2006

Christopher Dalton wrote:
Feb. 1935 it was. Quite a lot of tuning was done - e.g. 7th, 8th and
9th
extensively machined on the waist to get the hums down. Tenor just
tuned on
the soundbow. Tenor lost 22 lb., 9th 53 lb., 8th 45 lb., and so on.<

I may be incorrect, but I thought that the tenor was also machined in
the shoulder, although the 2nd partial was left a shade sharp. Andrew
Higson presumably did some more shoulder cutting? I shall check the
tuning book when I have a spare moment.
Nigel Taylor