[Bell Historians] Wisbech

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at JwGucFZznEqlpsPcyTF6AK2i7eGQYNGlWxhKRLEBBg5ng2cNu9Pf40hRhjK1silketswf0y-y2rQoNIcpSXwBC1q3Q.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jun 16 18:33:10 BST 2006

>From: "nigelsdtaylor" <nigeltaylor at z1CAxALf0sOd3GiYsuvSb-rcffFddoEiM_lKuF7cxXcYgB3TDcoxfxitcWfsSwAHqzZjWroOZMeCwW0RvTJbgCrO84qH6EehRpAkVA.yahoo.invalid>
>To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [Bell Historians] Wisbech
>Date: Thu, Jun 15, 2006, 8:37 pm
>
> I may be incorrect, but I thought that the tenor was also machined in
> the shoulder, although the 2nd partial was left a shade sharp. Andrew
> Higson presumably did some more shoulder cutting? I shall check the
> tuning book when I have a spare moment.
> Nigel Taylor

That should reveal all, and I am very ready to be corrected by the experts.

What Nigel calls the '2nd partial' (particularly affected by cutting in the
shoulder) I take to be what the rest of us usually call the 'fundamental' or
'prime' and Whitechapel at that time called the 'extra'.

C D