Mancroft retuning

Bill Hibbert bill at vfxA2We8aI01AbqUsaCjUO44IX6DZQIF_myyJbtG1t6pjs_pZvRjz5PEt1V552Jxjc3qVWHyZ1uU8uP8mQ.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jun 17 01:28:21 BST 2006

Jim Hedgecock:

> Mancroft were tuned by Taylors the tenor from 40 2 21 to 37 3 15.

David Bryant has done a thorough investigation of this (I think it
appears on his Bells of Norwich pages) and presents a good argument
that most of the bells were not tuned. He proposes that the weight
loss is due to canon removal and drilling of the crowns.

The tenor and 11th nominals are exactly 200 cents apart, which is
suspicious, it suggests the tenor might have been tuned in modern
times. The rest of the tuning figures look pretty original to me. When
I was up there, I didn't actually look inside the bells . . .

Bill H