[Bell Historians] Holmfirth?

Andrew Cairns andrew.cairns at Hw4CoInK7sDyrXm2WMJugYav_mRUt0OiVrR7O4_fyt0mSMpM47STzgs3XUuqJFedRsoQR_BALQkdvznxNbEMRffh.yahoo.invalid
Sat Mar 11 09:07:50 GMT 2006

The thing that strikes me about the pictures is that Homfirth church is
built into the side of a hill. If you assume that the bottom picture is in
front of the church (there is a gravesone in the background) then there is
the suggestion of the tower at the back of the photo which is where the hill
should be rising up (next to Nora Batty's café). There also appears to be
buttresses in the background and as far as I can remember Holmfirth doesn't
have any.

Andrew