[Bell Historians] Liverpool Cathedral

Richard Offen richard at ttuFMU2YQUoqesVuuVoSWEbzx3xDkRiLUh-7ZEV156EqbclFhbHjaN4luanBm0qBuWpnNOQpyXE.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 28 21:00:39 BST 2006

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant" <davidbryant at ...>
wrote:

> > Please point your browser to www.liverpoolbells.moonfruit.com and to
> > the newest page 'Liverpool Cathedral'. After much negotiation on
> > copyright issues, I have finally completed the page and have just
> > finished uploading everything.
>
> The 11th and tenor look rather short-waisted. Is this indeed the
case? it
> can be difficult to tell from photos.
>
> David

I think it's the angle they are taken from, as the bells are of normal
Whitchapel profile for that period.

The well-known postcard of the tenor, with its founder (Albert Hughes)
standing beside, it shows the bell from a more usual angle, frow where
it doesn't look particularly squat.