[Bell Historians] Saffron Walden.

La Greenall eldeworth at SWyuo8k5gwcrTC0gHoW7cr7TejYosEdPKOML6_LBbNuHmPLTETph1YJcKEKvcqh5aIgQQmnxpv8qjPMKalvY.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 30 14:16:24 BST 2006

Hi Jim.

Sorry, I cannot help with any of your technical queries. I would think
that the town's local newspaper of the time would have carried a story
on the bells if they were in any way unsatisfactory, especially as they
were relatively new. I was merely trying to answer your specific
question "Is there no book on the bells of Essex?" which didn't specify
a time period.

Saffron Walden's public library has an excellent local history section.
It has its own website at:

http://www.townlib.org.uk/local-studies.htm,

and I'm sure that they would be able to find the info you seek if they
don't have it already. BTW the library also houses the superb Victorian
(and Edwardian) Studies Centre, which serves as the whole county's focus
for researching that period - I know this is out of your time-frame as
well, but others might be interested. There is a link on the above
website to it.

Regards,

Lawrence Greenall (no 'h').