Who casts the best bells?

sanctusbells sanctusbells at AKVFvFOQaCYYvikqgyex4W6lptL_9U2sFHPE5KNu_NKPZPInOKbrOlMy_5JoZKWSKr-MjEOVaB0wPvke7NOUWw.yahoo.invalid
Tue May 2 20:44:21 BST 2006

I know this is a very difficult question with a great many variables
to consider (particularly application), but who casts the finest bells
today?  Eisebouts? Paccard? Petit & Fritsen? Taylor? Whitechapel? Some
other firm?

While my specific application would be for a single swinging bell, I'm
also curious how the Russian bells of Litex, Vera, Zil, etc. compare
to their western counterparts?

I'm well aware that it would be easy to denigrate and then dismiss my
question as being naive and unanswerable, but I really would like to
hear some comments on the product quality levels of today's different
bell foundries.