Groton bells (really)

Laura Dickerson lauradi at N2e55JIRqLHSn2dYuMHUATxUehfFABCBiGBz3ltK28S_z_XyfTRtRHVJqdWPNsH4uWPTnTAR9lu8.yahoo.invalid
Wed May 24 13:04:29 BST 2006

  Greg Russell (Groton alumnus, the person who pointed out the painted
weights to me) had the idea to ask Whitechapel. This is the response

       >>The information that you have from our tuning book is perfectly

       correct. The net and gross weights painted on to the bells relate
       the shipping weights. The net weight for the tenor is the
combined
       weight of the bell and headstock whilst the gross weight is the
total
       weight of bell, headstock and pallet.

       Yours sincerely
       p.p. Whitechapel Bell Foundry Limited