[Bell Historians] Weston By Welland

edward martin edward.w.martin at IlinVfZRaTjKHy7gNFm7WbnTVArkM0-hchweKAunC9QRIzvHsR_4KwNyDGBCDRXBWTYHyUEM83k_9D5_jfQT0gmU.yahoo.invalid
Thu Nov 9 21:23:01 GMT 2006

These were all ringers from Market Harborough Leicestershire, where nobody
was what you might call a prolific peal ringer, However they were very
strict on good striking and reading those names takes me back to when I
first learned to ring.
George A. Hollick (almost right Chris) was a house painter who lived in
Lubenham but rang at MH and was the most reliable  conductor of Grandsire &
Stedman Triples. He personally taught me a great deal
Poor old Cyril Windram had progressive Rheumatoid arthritis & towards his
end, us young-uns were asked to pull his bell off the stay from whence he
managed pretty well - another first rate ringer with no peal total to speak
of but a life-long inspiration to any who rang with him.

Colin who was about a year older than I  about a year later  scored our
first peal 'inside' together along with Frank Arnold  & Dick Cousins. once
again cond by George A. Hollick

mew