[Bell Historians] Great Bells of Britain

Andrew Wilby andrew at eKBV_k2GAOsyH0MH36LZatOV2z1iy5jsRqfXB1V3gtgy3UVlFhjBWSk8phiCE80MfGiap7MDjFygrA.yahoo.invalid
Wed Nov 15 13:14:02 GMT 2006

Ouch!

Well I must hold my hand up to this.

Chris Groome and I purchased the Ringers Diary from Bill Viggars for The
Ringing World Board back whenever.

Whilst we were given considerable guidance by Bill as part of the
"goodwill" in the transfer, David's involvement was never mentioned.
I can only apologise for the obvious 25 years of pain inflicted. Had we
known I'm sure we would have asked him to continue the task, thanked him
profusely,
....AND sent him a leather bound complimentary copy with his initials on
every year!

Actually I do not jest, we would have done had we known, so very sorry
David.

Initially we tried to make as few changes as possible on the basis that,
development is one thing but, radical change had always been damaging to
sales.
That was one piece of advice from Bill, epitomised by the change to a
slim diary that nearly halved sales the following year and was reverse
by Bill pretty quickly.

Bill told us that the size of the diary had been determined the size of
a WW2 WRAF Officer's blouse top pocket!
You couldn't make that up could you!

I've always wondered whose famous bossom it was that modeled for this
momentous specification.

Is there a story here???

Andrew