[Bell Historians] Re: Rudhall Rings

Richard Offen richard.offen at dTtoMrn4tnBUrAllaoLhw9oDXSTVl_8VdANdhPYqpQvnCIDZm63QanR8erJSFkYg4LS5bPQOJ7rFenVdUbvnxRJ-_KaM.yahoo.invalid
Mon Nov 20 03:27:21 GMT 2006

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Samuel Austin
<combineharvestersam at ...> wrote:

> My personal opinion of the sound of those rings.
>
> Aye
>
> Sam
>
> --- Susan & Christopher Dalton

> > Please can you tell us on what you are basing this
> > judgement?
> >
> > C D
> >
> > >  plus the many other lesser known rings of 5
> > >
> > > I believe both of the above have been tuned by
> > Taylor's.
> >
> > The ring at Burton on Trent St Modwen might be worth
> > adding.

Have not rung at Wrexham, (even though I lived not much more that 20
miles from the place for 15 years!), but they are the same vintage as
most of the back twelve at Swan Bells.   Mainly dating from 1725,
this Rudhall ring (tuned by Whitechapel), as long as you are not
after true-harmonic perfection (not always all that it is cracked up
to be!), produce a grand and magnificent sound, which is much loved
by all of us here in Perth.

As we've said before Chris, it's all subjective!

Richard