[Bell Historians] Re: Rudhall Rings

Samuel Austin combineharvestersam at QiCPQQZOkbyLpCCUgwdFMJkF8hRq3pwTraEqGiSHLLQ-ta0DUxQd90uGHHpB4tvtLrUtRHfg1hnVbrLLhjmP8dW0A3c.yahoo.invalid
Mon Nov 20 11:53:16 GMT 2006

Yes, true harmonic tuning does not mean that a ring is
good. Some true harmonic rings could be described as
bland.

In rings like Wrexham, some of the individual bells
may sound a bit crap, but as a ring they are
magnificent.

Aye

Sam

> Have not rung at Wrexham, (even though I lived not
> much more that 20
> miles from the place for 15 years!), but they are
> the same vintage as
> most of the back twelve at Swan Bells.   Mainly
> dating from 1725,
> this Rudhall ring (tuned by Whitechapel), as long as
> you are not
> after true-harmonic perfection (not always all that
> it is cracked up
> to be!), produce a grand and magnificent sound,
> which is much loved
> by all of us here in Perth.
>
> As we've said before Chris, it's all subjective!
>
> Richard

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr
MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Assoc