[Bell Historians] Re: Rudhall Rings

Bickerton, Roderic K (SELEX) (UK) roderic.bickerton at Q9z_yYwheB9nzLMS6zfytp_B6-OoWogqqixd5pyy-6K004Lk_cnfE-sZpHGS55Xs7mfECxBRzcXaYYov_2KmFLfzgkL5.yahoo.invalid
Mon Nov 20 12:12:54 GMT 2006

I recently rang a 1/4 at Beachampton. The board on the wall proclaims they are G & J and tuned to the true harmonic principle. They are not bland, but if typical of true harmonic tuning the idea would not have caught on!

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Samuel Austin
Sent: 20 November 2006 11:53
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: Rudhall Rings

*** WARNING ***

This mail has originated outside your organization, either from an external partner or the Global Internet.

Yes, true harmonic tuning does not mean that a ring is good. Some true harmonic rings could be described as bland.

In rings like Wrexham, some of the individual bells may sound a bit crap, but as a ring they are magnificent.

Aye

Sam

> Have not rung at Wrexham, (even though I lived not much more that 20
> miles from the place for 15 years!), but they are the same vintage as
> most of the back twelve at Swan Bells. Mainly dating from 1725, this
> Rudhall ring (tuned by Whitechapel), as long as you are not after
> true-harmonic perfection (not always all that it is cracked up to
> be!), produce a grand and magnificent sound, which is much loved by
> all of us here in Perth.
>
> As we've said before Chris, it's all subjective!
>
> Richard

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr
MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Assoc