[Bell Historians] Great Bells of Britain

Andrew Wilby andrew at 9ZguSaCVhjyHMKmlWJQbKKSXXyoE6GQFq_qZrvMUm526vALPo_LXlikD2rpc68wPJPOHFUqom9Ua.yahoo.invalid
Wed Nov 22 10:00:13 GMT 2006

 From the owners point of view (the RW) I suspect they want to produce a
"Diary and Notebook" that contains as much interesting material as they
can find to appeal to the widest audience possible.

The Diary is, or was, the biggest annual single selling item in the
exercise recently selling around 7000 copies a year.

It therefore puts interesting info such as "Great bells" into the hands
of about one third of the active ringing population 99% of whom would
never ever see it if it was on a web site. This would only serve to dumb
down the collective knowledge base further.

Andrew