[Bell Historians] Great Bells of Britain

David Cawley dave at 9Ob54R092_zp2lWHcWVmqodrN0JZDuckT5YWSqn_0uaWQG9Hyr2OrDho8JblQ0x8SZ-JzyZDm_l6M1-JV6vG0DQ.yahoo.invalid
Wed Nov 22 11:38:41 GMT 2006

"It has no relevance to change ringing" - R.Bickerton's remark below. The Diary is The Ringers' Diary - not merely the change ringers' diary. There is more to ringing than learning a new method,  pulling a rope (or even grabbing a tower). Bells do enter into it. I tried to share my interest in them inter alia by producing the revision of the Great Bells list, the only concession to Bell History in general in the whole, very useful, publication. Ready to hand and useful for reference, personal interest or even setting a quiz without having to resort to IT or carry Dove around.

I've also tried to share my interest pretty unreservedly with others: one of them was Richard. Apparently it fell on stony ground, if his agreement with Mr Bickerton is anything to go by!

DLC