[Bell Historians] Filey
E. John Arthur
john at oB1c8cnQ5Q4g5QkmwKILq2pHWi4B-WQZDWu8v55Vx5KVsZiV77URwHg2QPsN5k7bdIsnQmpyn_4T-OTURkjAA5C4ll8.yahoo.invalid
Wed Nov 29 16:39:14 GMT 2006
Filey was originally a three bell tower, three old bells, with all three being by Samuel Smith of York. The treble became cracked and a replacement bell was installed. At that time all four were hung dead in the three bell frame. Bells treble and replacement being in the treble pit . Hence the wheel which dates from the time when they were rehung dead.
In 1981 the two smallest bells were taken out and sent to the foundry. In return the light six were installed around the two old bells 2 and 3 hung dead in their pits.
a) the two old bells are "listed"(1689,1700)
b) the frame is "listed"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bell-historians