[Bell Historians] Devon

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at pWyhcIjgPD87df0LyA3mPo9H3n8ckgLNctHda7LhCY0tpcPTbB19ROOCWVHjIVhHJo3IzYvi4_7Ohy50-BTrl6g.yahoo.invalid
Mon Sep 4 11:45:39 BST 2006

> A Taylor gem at Buckland Brewer, A fine G&J 8 at Holsworthy, and spoil
> yourself with a trip ... Charles Carr on Lundy
>>>
>>> I am pretty sure they [Hatherleigh] are true harmonic, but if you're after
>> classy bells -
>>> leave them out! Ground floor, long draught, very flighty - Pretty
>> miserable really!

They are certainly true-h and couldn't possibly be classed as 'miserable' -
not to listen to, anyway.  Let's be nice about Mears sometimes.

>>> Some of my favorites in Devon are South Moulton, Bideford,
>> Hartland,
>>> Welcome, Clovelly, Northam, Appledore, B Nympton, Kingsteignton,
>> Bridestowe,
>>> Tiverton, Heavitree, Broadclyst. Not all in the same area I know!

Thinking of G & J, aren't Moretonhampstead bells rather good now that they
are rung from upstairs?  And there is a super six at Lustleigh.

C D