[Bell Historians] Devon

Colin Turner colin at vI7jcbww1EQprKMkiDxNaBrnlUCaV8_whzApCJxYFD5W3m_G14LgKN-GwWoO3aET2VQR0_Okt1eNA0eZuw.yahoo.invalid
Mon Sep 4 21:17:36 BST 2006

And don't overlook the early G&J 6 at Littleham (N Devon)

CMT

  > A Taylor gem at Buckland Brewer, A fine G&J 8 at Holsworthy, and spoil
  > yourself with a trip ... Charles Carr on Lundy
  >>>
  >>> I am pretty sure they [Hatherleigh] are true harmonic, but if you're
after
  >> classy bells -
  >>> leave them out! Ground floor, long draught, very flighty - Pretty
  >> miserable really!

  They are certainly true-h and couldn't possibly be classed as
'miserable' -
  not to listen to, anyway. Let's be nice about Mears sometimes.

  >>> Some of my favorites in Devon are South Moulton, Bideford,
  >> Hartland,
  >>> Welcome, Clovelly, Northam, Appledore, B Nympton, Kingsteignton,
  >> Bridestowe,
  >>> Tiverton, Heavitree, Broadclyst. Not all in the same area I know!

  Thinking of G & J, aren't Moretonhampstead bells rather good now that they
  are rung from upstairs? And there is a super six at Lustleigh.

  C D