[Bell Historians] Ampton, Suffolk

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at M-5LzSeIgtlNu4A5wX9FRulF0hnKed50X5bi0TNyQlu3oxvkKb4K2TH8pd1aNKVXZdWshFnQv8aWBT98FVn8pZ6CvQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Sep 12 18:54:35 BST 2006

> Does anyone have details of the bells at Ampton, Suffolk? Dove gives
> them as 4, 8 cwt, in A. Was the treble cast by Taylors in 1888? Has it
> been tuned since?

I haven't been since 1968 so can't vouch for anything done since then.  The
treble was indeed Taylor 1888 and I thought the fittings of the four were
likewise 1888, but not by Taylor.  Probably Bullock of Ixworth.  Thin,
king-posted wooden frame with anti-clockwise rope circle.  I made the
(medieval) tenor note a little flat of A.

C D