Central Council Picture Resource ...again!

Richard Offen richard at NYxsOBvGyGLlZnMpfIGoakPH41oh-jR4UomwrOvF5Crj9kO6-wR8-4FA5tI4RX_arsg7B8ue9Q.yahoo.invalid
Fri Sep 15 10:17:55 BST 2006

Sorry, having stirred the pot again this week, I'm now back asking for
help!

Thanks to George Dawson and others I now have some excellent pictures
of early post-Conquest bells on the Central Council picture resource
web page (http://www.cccbr.org.uk/prc/pubs/bellsAndBellringing.php).

I would now like to augment this with some illustrations of pre-
Conquest bells.   To this end I contacted the National Museum of
Ireland to see if I could get hold of photographs of the Bell of Armagh
and St Patrick's Bell.   The answer came back, yes I can, but at an
extortionate cost!

Can anyone supply, or point me in the direction of, some photographs of
very early bells which we can use at little or no cost?

Thanks.

Richard