[Bell Historians] Kingstone

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at ddLJ6YuOgQ8eEh6eQLSu0RwTumW9Umbi_1xC4InfUuu4vPfS7BW80IA4KY9Nqn-T4zwZAgv8EQO3MhoiCT0.yahoo.invalid
Fri Sep 15 10:29:25 BST 2006

> CJP:  Just to say that I popped in to the  church at Kingstone, Somerset,
>about a
> fortnight ago, to see if there was  a weight chart or any information in the
> church - but there's nothing. The  church guide mentions that the bells are
> mainly by M&S 1931 with two old ones
>
> I have information from Christopher  Dalton that bells 1, 2 4 and 6 are by
> M&S - and actually dated 1930. But I  can't add anything else

Yes, I've got them as 1930 but whether from inspection or foundry records or
H B Walters's ms in Taunton I cannot readily say.

3 & 5/6 are late bells by Thomas Purdue & Thomas Knight, 1696 and 1693
respectively.

Finished weights (ie after tuning) are 4-0-25, 4-1-4, 4-1-7, 7-0-0, 9-0-0,
10-1-2.

C D