[Bell Historians] Dowlish Wake

jshe726707 at NyAyq-B4EXpbglAmsresnVwv-VoCeQsjG2jZ86BaHw5ZXLgWOSaHW5vLVGV93vw1oYfzdBMKHs9n.yahoo.invalid jshe726707 at NyAyq-B4EXpbglAmsresnVwv-VoCeQsjG2jZ86BaHw5ZXLgWOSaHW5vLVGV93vw1oYfzdBMKHs9n.yahoo.invalid
Sat Sep 16 08:15:27 BST 2006

As promised I copied down exactly the details of the wooden plaque in the
ringing room at Dowlish Wake last night details of which appear below.

' The bells in this tower were refurbished in 1981
as a tribute to the memory of of Derek W A H Allen of
The Manor Dowlish Wake.

1. 4  1/2
2. 5  1/2
3. 6  1/2
4. 7
5  10 3/4

The tenor bell is inscribed " Jesus Savior (sic)
of men , that blessed name is conferred upon me " .

Jim Shepard