[Bell Historians] Heythrop (was Re: Call for papers on ... bell-casting?)

Nick Bowden nickwbowden at u5bKE2iYhQRq9oR6EjswjXlnvwIqbyjkPDuVdv6iAiUB_eFgmKV43L7OOWMXGqcgbVgUSxaMYo0ubghd2A.yahoo.invalid
Sun Sep 24 22:44:47 BST 2006

From: Richard Offen
One would have thought that, having gone to the expense of installing
a tuning machince, Lewis would have continued to use it. Or, at
Heythrop and Roehampton, are we seeing tuning done by another party
subsequent to the original installation?

Richard

I very much doubt it. I've not seen Roehampton, but at Heythrop why would
anyone else have gone to the trouble of tuning two of the bells and not
addressed the inadequacies of the installation such as the poorly designed
frame and the fact that only the front 3 of 8 were installed?
Nick