[Bell Historians] Gloucester

David Bryant davidbryant at itm8X6Uo-SJ5NFifI7dsHkIPp30wNJUF-ER9U_SFQx5itF849ktG025lkQtj5jBGhV9rLvkpc2dmC-ofhM6XyRABVA.yahoo.invalid
Sun Apr 15 22:02:06 BST 2007

"But we are told that the inscription is 'Celis Nomen Gabrielis'. So why
should we assume a different original? (And why is 'nomen' needed
twice?)."

I've just checked in Bliss & Sharpe, and the Latin part of the inscription
(which is impressed and reversed - a botched facsimile) is 'Missi De Celis
Habeo Nomen Garielis'.

Just goes to prove that it isn't advisable the rely on any bell information
given by the media without checking it first!