Birch-in-Rusholme

Alan Birney alanjbirney at pgJsEwF75vEsonl2IQ_gbk3630eH3EaS8DKB9kTQToiJH2ZVHsLaEYT1TiVBto2LJdXJliiJNC-bgX8Oro440mQQLw.yahoo.invalid
Tue Apr 24 11:49:19 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Powney"
<dennis.powney at ...> wrote:

> I have been given a 30 page booklet 'The Bells of Birch' by J.
Huxstep & A.L.Mosley;  printed privately in 1936 and sold in aid of
the Belfry Repair Fund, price sixpence.
> Is this book known to others?  If it has rarity value I would like
it to be in an association library, or with someone who will
appreciate it.  The person that gave it to me thought that St James,
Birch-in-Rusholme, was now deconsecrated and used as an old persons
dwelling?  From a Google search I see that the bells were
transferred to Holy Innocents, Fallowfield, in 1982.
> Any news of St James's that I can give to my donor, who was once a
parishioner, would be appreciated.
> Dennis Powney,  Bromham, Wilts.

       The Lancashire Asociation have a collection of such items,
just wondering if it might be of interest to them.

        I think the Librarian is Roland Eccles, and all documents
and books are housed in Manchester Cathedral.

Alan