[Bell Historians] Birch-in-Rusholme

David Bryant davidbryant at or5rC2-bgdR6MLZ2ia5GTUCYAwtOkw0iOPvFNoxcoiRgkDbSSfIINZxl01dxmVzQIe5jx-w6XWcYt3_94V3K.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 23 22:49:26 BST 2007

According to the CofE redundant churches lists, St James, Birch-in-Rusholme
was declared redundant on 17/12/1980 and a redundancy scheme to sell it to a
Dr BSH Rarity for residential conversion approved on 16/12/1981.

There's a recent picture of the church at
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/LAN/Rusholme/StJames.shtml. It appears to
have a sign outside saying 'St James' House', which certainly sounds like it
could well be a nursing home; this is probably it:
http://www.bettercaring.co.uk/index_pub.cfm?content=search/details.cfm&ID=18
620 The road name matches, too, so I think we can be pretty sure this is it.

According to Dove, the bells are a George Mears eight of 1863 - from the
photo of the church, I would guess that it is more-or-less of the same date.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
20:18