[Bell Historians] Re: Thurnham/Kirkham

Alan Birney alanjbirney at -fquCeQGbWyItXUEnkZCPsYqx4JS86oahwspPhqsR37dBVdOq8y4Rbs5aiqZtvfMdqmj8LZ3NInv4PjPLySFT2SzOg.yahoo.invalid
Tue Apr 24 23:08:39 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Barry Pickup <jbpickup at ...>
wrote:

> --- Mike Chester <mike at ...> wrote:
>

> > Kirkham had an unusual rope circle, back 4 ropes in
> > standard 4-bell
> > positions and the two trebles in the middle of the
> > circle, IIRC.
> >

> From my (admittedly vague) memory I thought they had a
> spiral circle wuth the tenor in the middle.
>
> JBP

     Didn't the Tenor rope fall on the "Chiming machine" side of the
tower? Definatly two ropes fell in the middle, close to the ladder.
I recall that I think, the 5th or Tenor was on balls.

        What fun the new generation of ringers are missing out on.

Alan