[Bell Historians] Re: Alnwick

David Bryant David.Bryant at EM-gcmPr-njjSyAtADWvo2RUqMcn_JRGfH_JX1K3kPypF4hUZB8And98SR3Cxc72AGlppZ3wu67JdJHe7A.yahoo.invalid
Wed Apr 25 16:07:17 BST 2007

"I am enquiring of my contacts at the Church Commissioners whether the
bells were specifically included in the sale. My hunch is that they were
and would now be subject to RC law, whatever that is."

I don't believe there's anything approaching the CofE's faculty
jurisdiction, although as I recall (a bit rusty on this...) the RC
church does have Ecclesiastical Exemption from secular planning controls

The only other former CofE church which has been sold to the RC church
and has a ring of bells which immediately springs to mind is St Leonard,
Malton, which has a ringable Lester & Pack eight - and surprisingly good
they are too!