[Bell Historians] Re: Thurnham

Alan Birney alanjbirney at vOkabPGb948xoY_Y99ruYtdZ9JLNSl7A4LGlDhS1ytpEu_Fz2b1BzCjfruNxJtTa-Rz4NytZLKYLGIj8CHuM6-KnHhM.yahoo.invalid
Fri Apr 27 18:44:34 BST 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Bickerton, Roderic K \(SELEX\)
\(UK\)" <roderic.bickerton at ...> wrote:

> 2nded. Rang in 1980. They went well enough although they were loud
and not nice sounding.

> I was told they had ABS plastic wheel rims but did not see them. I am
surprised plastic wheel rims have not found favour as wheel rims are
often the first thing to fail, and would additionally benefit as they
could have less mass than wood.

       Yes, they have plastic guttering attached to the spokes, no
expense spared in the late 70's/early 1980s renovation! The persons who
did the work even replaced the headstock on one bell.

Alan