New Chimes

peter461779 p.g.davies at AMU-P4nYQLRNUmKNfC2FKYg2TypojZ37-hSghHAu5aX32YvdyYIoLwOtC2wsEsuFT4TnruoYTWkBG5PTARR8v0k.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 30 10:53:08 BST 2007

The mystery is solved!  I was surprised to see the web site picture
of the (alleged) Manor Farm Wantage as I am vaguely acquainted with
the owners and they've never said anything about bells!  The answer
is that Manor Farm Business Centre is actually in Wantage (although
on the outskirts) whereas the picture and web site URL is of Manor
Farm, West Challow (2 miles outside Wantage) and although a chime
would undoubtedly grace the fine building, there isn't one!  I will
endeavour to visit Manor Farm BC to see the new chime.

Peter

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Mike Chester" <mike at ...>
wrote:

> I have been sent more details by Bryan McCahey - the clock chime is
> indeed at Manor Farm, Wantage.
>

> The owner says:-
> Thank you for the message. I am very happy to have both sets of
> chimes listed, and while there is not likely to be a large number
of
> requests for visits this would not be a problem as is is quite
simple
> to do them on open days or when we have house tours.
>
> I think I gave you the bell details at Wantage, but in case not the
> hour bell is by Thomas Purdue, B/353Kgs and the chime by Petit and
> Fritsen 2007 comprising B/58Kgs, D#, E, F#. and the tune as
follows;
> [() means a quaver]  B=1, D#=2, E=3, F#=4
> Q1  (1) (2) (4) 3 1
> Q2  2 3 (4) (2) 3 () (1) (3) (4) 2 1
> Q3  4 3 (2) (3) 1 () (2) (3) (4) 2 1 () (3) 4 (4) (2) 1
> Q4  (1) (2) (3) 4 2 () (2) (3) (4) 1 () (2) (3) (4) 3 1 () (4) (2)
>
> I hope that is intelligible!
> The chime is at Manor Farm Business Centre (name provisional, but
at
> Manor Farm at least) Manor Road, Wantage, Oxon. There is no
> electrical supply to the building yet though the chime and clock
> illuminations were tested before lifting, but I hope the
installation