New Chimes

Mike Chester mike at 7bpwjiSjmviOb_1Zq_RKLk-cSyX-09U6GboIm8hXKx6tevercFQnHHGxHPNeFThOWq3WmEUH_JuT-KIELNQbPrICxLUF_r4.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 30 08:54:54 BST 2007

I have been sent more details by Bryan McCahey - the clock chime is
indeed at Manor Farm, Wantage.

The owner says:-
Thank you for the message. I am very happy to have both sets of
chimes listed, and while there is not likely to be a large number of
requests for visits this would not be a problem as is is quite simple
to do them on open days or when we have house tours.

I think I gave you the bell details at Wantage, but in case not the
hour bell is by Thomas Purdue, B/353Kgs and the chime by Petit and
Fritsen 2007 comprising B/58Kgs, D#, E, F#. and the tune as follows;
[() means a quaver]  B=1, D#=2, E=3, F#=4
Q1  (1) (2) (4) 3 1
Q2  2 3 (4) (2) 3 () (1) (3) (4) 2 1
Q3  4 3 (2) (3) 1 () (2) (3) (4) 2 1 () (3) 4 (4) (2) 1
Q4  (1) (2) (3) 4 2 () (2) (3) (4) 1 () (2) (3) (4) 3 1 () (4) (2)
(1) 3 () ()

I hope that is intelligible!
The chime is at Manor Farm Business Centre (name provisional, but at
Manor Farm at least) Manor Road, Wantage, Oxon. There is no
electrical supply to the building yet though the chime and clock
illuminations were tested before lifting, but I hope the installation
will go live in about August.

The B2 bell is inscribed:
    "If you can fill the unforgiving minute..."
           "Poulton Hall Estate 2007"

The special significance of the Kipling quotation is because my
father who bought the farm for the estate (when we lost the land on
which the Poulton Lancelyn housing estate now is) was for many years
editor of the Kipling Journal and a noted Kipling scholar.That is in
addition to my thinking it appropriate of course!

Mike Chester