[Bell Historians] Charlton Adam, Somerset

Chris Povey cmpovey at DEbdcQtPlw9Uj1BU_0ueEbxib8NEBdPjHG9aAMa6tG8pC9VoiGxm4DsRUIV1zYibuvBePpMOvnIKFRS-tns_ZMuCudFLGcjQrbrflaRI3X3c.yahoo.invalid
Sat Feb 17 18:13:05 GMT 2007

The whole scheme at Charlton Adam has been handled by a firm of conservation architects, who want to keep as much as possible (as is their way). Sadly none of these are ringers, and refuse to be advised by ringers.
Matthew Higby , 14/2/07

I have been away most of last week and am just catching up with mails.

I presume the Charlton Adam scheme requires, and has obtained, a faculty, in which case the procedure requires the input of someone from the Diocese specifically tasked with looking after the bell interests. The granting of a faculty suggests the advice-refusing architects managed to rail-road the scheme through, or the person tasked with looking after the bell interests supported the proposals.

What happened?

Chris Povey