[Bell Historians] Charlton Adam, Somerset

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at RhA1E4czwM7WhDb4tLszPpUXF5vqh7kIkoWBHQ5C8dI0RnqgmuIVHXdnWfJ6dlzzT6E1JNrOit-JiacKQ8ZsNAE.yahoo.invalid
Mon Feb 19 19:57:35 GMT 2007

> "What really is important from an archaeological/historical/aesthetic point
> of view is the frame. It is a marvellous, unspoilt thing dating from around
> 1600 and clearly ought to be kept in any restoration scheme."
>
> As I understand it, the concern expressed by a number of contractors asked
> to quote was about the fittings rather than the frame - the plans for
> strengthening the frame seem to be considered perfectly workable.

I don't remember there being anything about the FITTINGS making them worthy
of retention on grounds of age, quality or rarity.

C D