Charlton Adam

Robert Brown robert at hpYOwMIi7lkHWGmeBxoTPIbCXlV6qiADb3gmeifPz3qbIAguHpY4F5lPf2MISrb1Eyefz_UmHSeWXlwIOE4YQS5LScp6.yahoo.invalid
Wed Feb 14 16:38:41 GMT 2007

Well said Matthew

As an example I am still trying to get the Church to figure out what they
are going to do with Hennock Bells - these are an anti clockwise ring of 4
hung for swing chiming, which were re hung in the late 70's, they have all
modern fittings ( no stay or slider) but were rehung in the old medieval
frame.  6 or 7 years ago we were ringing them for a wedding when the
knocking of  the treble got worse.  Following a look by myself, followed up
by a formal inspection by Andrew Nicholson the bells  are now, due to the
frame, deemed unsafe to swing.  The problem is the parish is about 20
strong, they spent a significant sum to have them done up and it is
difficult if not near impossible to go back and ask people for  more money
after only 20 years. Congratulation to Matthew and the other potential
contractors for standing their ground and hopefully commonsense will
prevail.

Robert Brown

BELLRINGING HOME PAGE
http://www.robertbrown.me.uk