[Bell Historians] Steelwork into masonary

Bickerton, Roderic K (SELEX) (UK) roderic.bickerton at mGiu8XvdeEMuEQtqT1N24rD_AVgRfYMeIHSVNv3sqIJtTsejiSnE794_Z8yvluEUzLI57EVf5zF_n-86P4bBHUJVCFU79b7dvkc.yahoo.invalid
Fri Feb 23 09:42:12 GMT 2007

Surly Bell contracts are like any other multi skill contract.
The contract is owned by the prime contractor and what ever goes wrong
is ultimately his responsibility. The prime contractor is where the buck
stops.
That is fair, he is not forced to accept a contract if he is not happy
with it. He can price it to cover any "reservations" he may have.

"As in most professions, there is a range of abilities, for want of a
better word, in the world of the architect. There are those whose
opinion and recommendations you would trust entirely and also those who
insist on their own way irrespective of best practice and the advice of
the trade. King's Lynn and Kevedon fall into the latter category.

What do you do? It is inevitable and understandable that the bellhanger
is the one that gets the blame but we are not the ones with letters
after our name taking the fees for our advice!

Andrew Higson
Taylors Eayre and Smith Ltd
The Bellfoundry
Freehold Street
Loughborough
LE11 1AR
Telephone: 01509 212241 Fax: 01509 263305
Registered in England No. 1352309 "