[Bell Historians] Comical Reporting

David Bryant davidbryant at rXoqXXDmfrzPMValnAwuSTcUuYzHczDINvisaPsVKgn74sfH3kNPF5Ph5QLa326Wuz9qE5UMtsSkuuZa9__YJl4Q.yahoo.invalid
Fri Feb 23 09:28:10 GMT 2007

>In my experience, most bellhangers try and do the best job they can,
>but they are not psychic and if they're not told about a problem it's
>rather hard for them to fix!

Indeed. On a number of occasions I've had people grumbling to me that
so-and-so has rehung their bells with new fititngs and that the bells have
gone oddstruck after a few months. I have pointed out that this is to be
expected as things bed in, and asked whether they have contacted the
bellhanger to request that they sort it out. The answer has always been no.

Many ringers seem to think that once a set of bells is installed they can
just be left without any maintenance at all.